XIAO "hot swap" socket/carrier board?

What components have you used for “hot swap” XIAO-to-board connections?

I’m working on a carrier board that needs connections to the bottom side of the XIAO — the RST and BAT+ pads in my case.

My current best solution uses the following Mill-Max components:

• 2 x 310-43-107-41-001000 sockets (for the carrier board)
  • 14 x 3320-0-00-15-00-00-03-0 straight pins (for the XIAOs’ through holes)
  • 2 x 0906-2-15-20-75-14-11-0 pogo pins (between the carrier board and the XIAOs’ RST and BAT+ pads)

Manually assembling the socket isn’t a problem, just once assembled I need to swap XIAOs without additional soldering/desoldering.

Can you recommend alternatives? Ideally low profile solutions, that minimize the height between the boards? The 310-43-107-41-001000 sockets (above) are .165" tall. Some space is available under the carrier board, in case components extend through the board.

I’m doing some like this,

but Would like to try and make one like these, with the bottom pogo’s

would be nice…
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

1 Like

Thanks! Which pogos are those (in the first image)? Where did you get the housing?

Based on your third example I found this XIAO/QT Py FlexyPin Adapter:

That adapter doesn’t break out the BAT+ pad. Just to confirm: is there an alternative way to connect a LiPo, without connecting to the bottom side of the XIAO?

Hi, nottheoilrig,
Nice find, Pogo’s on Amazon, I 3d printed the adapter and added the right angle Pin headers for pins and connections. I’ll 3D Print one like the Xiao/QT and allow holes where battery connection for pogo’s for a complete solution, the socket is in the link on my post about btw, AFAIK you can only use the pads to take advantage of the battery charging capability. You can direct connect to pins like 3,3 and NOT use the USB connector at the same time obviously.

HTH
GL :slight_smile:
PJ

files on my thingiverse

I found your threads:

Nice videos and thanks for sharing the housing design files!

1 Like