XIAO esp32c3 Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I reflashed the firmware with reference to the following URL, and now the esp32c3 is not recognized by Windows PC.

The device does not show up in Ports in device manager.

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is displayed in Universal Serial Bus Controllers of Device Manager

Performing uninstallation of the device and connecting it to the PC again does not change the situation.

The same problem is observed when connecting to other Windows PC.

Is this broken?
Please let me know if there is any way to investigate.

Best regards.

Have you tried re-swapping the firmware after flashing it? The device will be unrecognized after flashing and will be recognized after plugging and unplugging.

What exactly is re-swapping?
I have plugged in and out after flushing, but every time I plug in I get an error “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”.
I can’t even flash it again because it is not in Ports in Device Manager ;-(

Do you have another computer that can try to see if the device can be recognised again? We have reconfirmed the Wiki steps and the firmware and it is perfectly fine, did you flash the firmware for the wrong chip and cause the product to crash?

The reason the COM port did not show up in Ports in Device Manager was because I made a mistake when I connected the USB. (I did not hold down the Boot button).
I flashed the Firmware (ESP32-C3_RFTest_108_2b9b157_20211014.bin) again using EspRFTestTool_v2.8_Manual.exe, but the situation remains the same.

When I plug it into another PC, the message “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)” is displayed.

Based on your description, it looks like your steps and content are in order. I would suggest that you contact our technical support email to ask if there is a way to help you get a new XIAO or another solution.

Thank you.
I will contact technical support.