NFC Read on Xiao BLE nrf58240 Example

Hi
Can anybody provide me with a simple Arduino example that allows me to read RFID tags on the Xiao BLE nrf58240 please.
I have been searching the web for a while and cannot find anything
I have attached a NFC antenna to Xiao BLE nrf58240 using the NFC pads on the bottom of the board.
I have setup the Arduino IDE for the Seeed Xiao BLE nrf58240 and the blink example runs fine.

Thank you in advance
Chazza

https://forum.seeedstudio.com/t/xiao-ble-nfc-doesnt-work/264543?u=pj_glasso
I’ve looked a little but NOT allot of support here for it or examples, few reply’s.
HTH
GL :slight_smile:

Yes there appears to be a problem with the example given in the wiki page: NFC Usage on Seeed Studio XIAO nRF52840 (Sense) - Seeed Wiki

Under the heading “Preparatory work” it notes… The NFC function will perform well when we use the “Seeed nRF52 Boards Library”.

This is incorrect. There is no NFC.h included.

This boards library only includes the Nordic SDK files and a subset at that. The Nordic NFC files are missing, e.g.

#include "nfc_t2t_lib.h"
#include "nfc_ndef_msg.h"
#include "nfc_text_rec.h"

Instead you need to use the mbed version of the the XIAO nRF52840.

Here NFC.h exists, but this still does not resolve this issue.
If you try to compile you get a ‘NFC’ was not declared in this scope error.

The problem is, according to mbed documentation you need to declare using NFCEEPROM class where it then expects a reference to a driver relating the the nRF tag, which also does not exist.

This requires further assistance from Seeed Studio to resolve.

POST EDIT:

I finally discovered the missing NFC.h
For some reason this repository contains it but you cannot use this repository via Board Manager as it defaults to the XIAO version for nRF52.

Could you read NFC? I think the NFC on nRF5x is only a tag. Please correct me if I am wrong here. However even the nRF Connect example Bluetooth: Central NFC pairing states that you need an additional hardware to read NFC.

Not Arduino, but I posted here how I got NFC working on XIAO BLE. Might be interesting.