New Releasing of Wio Terminal Battery Chassis and Look Forward to your ideas!

This type of gpio extension may work with a deeper back or additional case spacer to allow users to add their own extensions to the battery chassis.

Cheers
Ted

I noticed a 1 mm misalignment between the Wio Terminal and the battery extension, both vertically and horizontally.

Iā€™ve just read the warning about the Wio Terminal Battery Chassis.

1. The charge current will up to 1.5A, which may reduce battery life or cause other issues.

We are optimizing the design of the new version (the estimated release date is unavailable yet), and we recommend the new version if you are a beginner.

*Please contact us for tech support or exchange if you meet any problem during the usage of this version.

For the revision, do you consider adding a gauge controller as I suggested at my post Wio Terminal Chassis Battery monitoring?

Iā€™d also love to have a native SWD connector for debugging, as the access to the SWDIO and SWCLK pads are far from obvious.

Thank you!

ā€œChassis - CAN Bus: RJ45, OBD-II, Screw Terminalā€

+1

This would be extra awesome if it was canfd (atsamc21) and would be very popular in the automotive tuning would.

Alternatively a proto chassis with case would allow custom boards easily.

Thinking about it even more Itā€™s a shame the wio terminal isnā€™t available with samE51/54
as it could support canbus out of the box.

Maybe for v2? :smiley:

We will soon launch corresponding CAN Bus fd software and hardware.

It would be nice to have the ability to turn off the yellow and red LEDs through code, if thatā€™s not already possible. Unfortunately this battery is not very useful over the long term if you canā€™t reduce the amount of power for projects that require lower power.

My votes go to

The second version of the battery chassis is great with the built-in power management.

The LoRa chassis will turn the Wio Terminal into a hub, collecting and processing data from node through LoRa, and pushing aggregated summary to the web.

Finally, the IĀ²S chassis will offer an introduction to audio management. Maybe a talkie-walkie?

The battery chassis is super! I have an idea to make it better usable together with wio terminal: If there is an application installed on wio terminal which is not running 24 hours a day, but only sometimes if user wants see something and maybe work with the application for some seconds or minutes, then the battery button on the chassis can be switched off for longer times. But for switching battery power on and off, some tool like a pen is needed to do that. Now my idea: if wio terminal recognizes that battery pack is connected, battery could be switched off and on when wio terminal slide button is switched off or on.

Hello,
We would like to purchase some Wio Terminal Battery Chassis, but it seems that it is out of stock on all websites. Do you plan to produce it soon?

Thanks

Hello, the production has been arranged at present, and it is expected that you will be able to purchase spot goods within 1-2 months

thanks for the update!

Good lucking getting one. They owe me one (1st one defective) - now been four monthsā€¦donā€™t hold your breathā€¦

Who can I contact to discuss my need for an adapter board for use with the WIO terminal?

Thanks,

Mike