#New Product Idea# Arduino Grove Shield for re_computer

3 Likes

I like the idea, especially the base plate I was asking for at Base plate to attach Grove devices. I hope this base plate is going to be available separately.

Now,

• Is the Arduino form-factor board the best option? It takes a lot of space.
  • It is not clear if the Grove base shield is connected to the main Intel computer, to the Cortex-M0 MCU, or not connected at all.
  • If the board is inside a re-computer case, is there enough space to connect the Grove plugs to the horizontal analog connectors?

Hi Reivilo. Thanks for bringing the idea up, and glad to hear that you like the design.

The Arduino form-factor could be better compliance with all kind of Arduino Uno Shield, which would be a demand for arduino users.

Yes, and the Grove Shield is connected to re_computer via the pins led out from the 28pin on the top right corner.

The horizontal Grove connectors is on the edge of the board, but when you use re_computer case there will still be some space to lead out the Grove cable near the edgef, which enable use the Grove module outside the case.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanations and pictures. I am not very familiar with the re_computer line of products as I don’t own one. It seems to be a very interesting solution for industrial IoT as it combines a microcomputer with a microcontroller.

1 Like