AzureGroveKit app not working with TPM Emulator

Grove is a modulated, ready-to-use tool set.
Much like Lego, it takes a building block approach to assembling electronics.

Moderators: violet, jeremy882, crail.lyu969

pdidi2013
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

AzureGroveKit app not working with TPM Emulator

Post by pdidi2013 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:50 pm

When running AzureGroveKit on a Raspberry PI 3 with Windows 10 IoT Core version 10.0.16299.309 I keep getting the following error after clicking Run:

Please fill Device ConnectString (From Azure) on TPM

Though TPM has been setup as Software TPM Emulator(NoSecurity) using a correct ConnectString from Azure IoT Hub (this string was succesfully used with the default Windows 10 Quick-Run example Azure IoT Hub example). I hope someone can help me out!

hong.jiang
Staff
Staff

Re: AzureGroveKit app not working with TPM Emulator

Post by hong.jiang » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 am

Dear Customer,
Here is my Logical Devices Settings. please check yours setting. Appreciate you provide the pictures, if it still does not work. thanks.

best rgds
Seeed Techsupport Team
Bill

nace
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by nace » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Dear hong.jiang!

As we've found out this is a bug in release build uploaded to your github. Please take a look at this issue: https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/AzureGroveKit/issues/2
For anyone else facing the same issue. Open Package.appxmanifest inside Visual Studio, navigate to Capabilities tab and make sure that the following checkboxes are marked: Internet (Client), Shared User Certificates, User Account Information. After that just create app package and install it into your device.

bill.yu
Elementary-1
Elementary-1

Post by bill.yu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi,

We fixed the issue and please refer to latest https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/AzureGroveKit. thanks.

Bill