3D case designed for PI Hats ??

Moderators: violet, seth.welday

vincen
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

3D case designed for PI Hats ??

Post by vincen » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi

I ordered multiple Pi Hats 2 Micro to use with Raspberry PI Zero. I'm looking for a 3D design I could print of a nice case to include both in it and get something a little polished ;)
I searched on thingiverse but found only one design !! Something to share ?

Thanks

Vincèn

hong.jiang
Staff
Staff

Re: 3D case designed for PI Hats ??

Post by hong.jiang » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am

Hi Vincèn,

Sorry, we do not design the 3D model for the pi zero & 2 mics hat yet. thanks for understanding.

Seeed techsupport team
Bill

seth.welday
Staff
Staff

Post by seth.welday » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Hey Vincén,

Can you share that case you found? I don't think we plan to design any for the Pi HATs, but I'd love to see if we can't post it on our wiki for other customers.
---------------
Seth Welday
Product Marketing Manager @ Seeed

vincen
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by vincen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 pm

seth.welday wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm
Hey Vincén,

Can you share that case you found? I don't think we plan to design any for the Pi HATs, but I'd love to see if we can't post it on our wiki for other customers.
Sorry I missed your very late answer at my first post ! Here is design I found on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2774212 I still think it would be really great to offer some simple 3D design for respeaker with Pi ;)

seth.welday
Staff
Staff

Post by seth.welday » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks. I will maybe put out a tweet to see if people want this. Honestly you are the first person I've seen who has requested a case for the Pi HATs. Will poll our community and see if we should do this.
---------------
Seth Welday

vincen
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by vincen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm

seth.welday wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:58 pm
Thanks. I will maybe put out a tweet to see if people want this. Honestly you are the first person I've seen who has requested a case for the Pi HATs. Will poll our community and see if we should do this.
Wow strange, all users keep the whole thing like that ? A nice case for both the hat and the pi would be great and makes it more like a finished product ;)

seth.welday
Staff
Staff

Post by seth.welday » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 am

I doubt all users keep it like that - but I assume most do. I think many people enjoy making their own cases, though I know I'd be too lazy for that! :lol:

I think most users buy and play with the Pi HATs just for fun or testing/development without caring about the aesthetics as much. /shrug

That being said I think you have a solid point. For those who want to use it as a more 'finished' product a case would make quite a bit of sense.
---------------
Seth Welday