Post by manishk11 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:56 pm

I have a Beagle Bone Green Wireless setup with:
  • Debian IoT image
    WiFi disabled
    Bluetooth disabled
    Keyboard connected to USB
    3G USB dongle connected to USB port
    Powered by micro USB port
The device is supposed to received keystrokes and send it to cloud. The software part is working correctly. But after running for a few days, that device starts shutting down automatically and does not reboot. If I unplug and replug the device, it boot and works properly for a few minutes and then shutsdown again

On checking the system logs, I realised that the device does a clean shutdown (possibly because of PMIC low power trigger), so I have disabled the power button

Assuming it is a power issue, I have now connected a 5VDC, 2A supply to P9 header, but the same issue is observed.

I have checked the documentation but I am unable to figure out what is the minimum supply needed to keep the device operational when more than one USB peripheral is powered by the device.

silver1row
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: Green Wireless Power Issue

Post by silver1row » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 am

Hello,

I had an issue w/ powering more than one USB device before on a BBB. It could be a power issue. I know that the BBB only has one USB port but I have a BBG and BBGW, too.

I know you may have thought of this before but here goes:
  • You may want to try to use a powered USB hub and find the port you are using on your BBGW.
If that fails, let me know.

I can look up more info. on this subject when you move on from the above example of issues.

Seth

P.S. There are configuration situations that will enable using a powered USB hub but it should be "plug and play." So, power the BBGW separately from the USB hub and report back. I know this sounds silly but this is one avenue to try so far.