Error downloading Seeed Studio when opening board manager

Arduino, Seeeduino Serials and mutants. Share your problems and experence on arduino compatible board such as seeeduino/stalker, etc.

Moderators: lily.li, violet, salmanfarisvp

julian.scott
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Error downloading Seeed Studio when opening board manager

Post by julian.scott » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi all,

Just having some trouble trying to connect Arduino to the Seeeduino Lotus i'm using. I've entered the URL (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Seeed ... index.json) into the additional boards manager in preferences, but when i try to open the board manager to download the Seeeduino board i just get hit with:

"Error downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Seeed ... index.json".

Whats even stranger is that this was working perfectly fine a few days back until the Seeeduino board mysteriously uninstalled itself from Arduino.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Julian

bill.yu
Elementary-4
Elementary-4

Re: Error downloading Seeed Studio when opening board manager

Post by bill.yu » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Julian

Please click the File-->Preferences-->Settings-->click the "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\preferences.txt". it will open a folder. then you can delete all the files with extension .json/tmp/sig, just leave the preferences.txt/packages/staging. then you can try it once again. thanks.

ldbenningfield
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by ldbenningfield » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:31 pm

@bill.yu I am getting the same error connecting a seeeduino v4.2 for the first time, tried to delete the files and repeat, got same result

bestlux
Kindergarten
Kindergarten

Post by bestlux » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 am

Hello,
Could you pls tell me if you can open the links of json file in your Internet browser or ping it in the terminal?