Wio Terminal Battery Chassis Notice and Security Issue

I’ve just read the warning about the Wio Terminal Battery Chassis.

1. The charge current will up to 1.5A, which may reduce battery life or cause other issues.
    We are optimizing the design of the new version (the estimated release date is unavailable yet), and we recommend the new version if you are a beginner.
  • Please contact us for tech support or exchange if you meet any problem during the usage of this version.

I ordered one last 4/7/20 Order # 4000032367 and I’m concerned about security.

As a matter of facts, my battery is getting rather hot when charging it and it doesn’t last very long when being used.

Although the notice asks to contact the tech support, this one redirects to the forum.

You can post your WIO terminal questions on our forum, and our professional engineers will reply to you within 6 hours (working days).

• How to proceed with an exchange?

Thank you and best regards,

@reivilo How hot is it? If there is an actual measurement picture, it can help us quickly analyze your question.

I don’t have the equipment to perform the measures right now. I hope to do so by the end of the month.

Hi reivilo,

Thank you for your feedback! I just dropped an email to you about the exchange. Look forward to hearing from you!

1 Like