Wio-E5 can be used as private LoRa module?

I know that Wio-E5 is for LoRaWAN module, however Wio-E5 can used as private LoRa module?

waht is the defination of Privatre LoRa module?

You mean POINT to POINT, no gateway or anything In between?
If so YES.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

AFAIK , you set the same network number and use consecutive addresses,
ie. Network 5 , HOST “A” address 101, HOST “B” address 102, //same Network Number different addresses.

2 Likes

Yes, I mean point to point communication.
Oh, it can! thank you!

I read Wio_E5_P2P example. This uses “AT+MODE=TEST” to send and receive packet.

In my country Japan, module must satisfy the maximum transmission time (dwell time of the channel).
Im glad If I set this dwell time easily.

If not, I will consider measuring transmit time depending on the amount of transmitted packets, bandwidth and SF settings.

Also I read below document, but I cannot find the explanation of private LoRa (point to point)

4.28.4 NET is the private LoRaWAN network, means not public. Not private LoRa setting.

Is there any other sample or configuration for rivate LoRa?

Hi there, I do believe they are compliant for JAPAN. :wink: :v:
here is a link from the Swiss Guy who demo’s how too ,Point to point.

HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Hi uecken,
I am experimenting with point to point communication and current consumption as a hobby, as shown in the link below.
I am using an SDR dongle to measure channel dwell time

Node using XIAO_nRF52840 and Grove-LoRa-E5 running on AT commands, sleep current 6.4uA

1 Like

He uses radiohead library and RFM95 modules, I have not used this.

RFM95 modules has SX1276 and corresponding source code is RH_RF95. This sample uses SPI.

RH_RF95 Works with Semtech SX1276/77/78/79, Modtronix inAir4 and inAir9, and HopeRF RFM95/96/97/98 and other similar LoRa capable radios. Supports Long Range (LoRa) with spread spectrum frequency hopping, large payloads etc.

I want to use Wio-E5 mini, this module has STM32WLE5JC. In factory setting, seems to has USB-UART firmware, but can use custom firmware.

1. User Application Development by using SDK
    Develop your own LoRa® development board with MCU function by using STM32Cube Programmer, which is the SDK officially provided by STMicroelectronics. To download this SDK resource, please find the resources in learning and document down below.

Now, I bought this board, I will try ‘radiohead/RF-RH95’ or ‘AT+MODE=TEST’.

Thank you for your kind sharing!

1 Like

Hi, msfujino.

I read your sketch, you are using Grove-LoRa-E5 and ‘AT+MODE=TEST’ by UART.
Great! Thank you for your sharing.

It seems to be blue peak range is the dwell time?

I also have SDR and will plan to decode this LoRa module data.

I want to send packet without no encryption and decode it by SDR.
(Some Lora Module send encryption packet and cannot use no-encryption…, I expect this module is not encrypting.)

By the way, how are you measuring accurate time and current data?

It seems to be blue peak range is the dwell time?

Yes, PPK2 can be used to measure transmission times quite accurately. Also, with SDR, I can observe the frequency, bandwidth, and modulation.
I am experimenting with Wio E5 mini for long distance communication. At first I wrote the code with AT commands. But now I found that I can write it on Arduino using radiolib library, so I don’t use STM32Cube.

Still debugging, but for your information.
STM32WL_radiolib.zip (5.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you for telling me PPK2 and radiolib library.
I will try ptp communication using Wio-E5 mini and radiolib on PlatformIO.

I didn’t checked attached file, now I noticed the file.
Wio-E5 mini will arrive soon, I will try.
Thank you.