T1000-E not turning on (quite dead)

I’ve had a few nice runs with my T1000-E card tracker. but it seems to have died.
It won’t turn on, connecting the USB cable doesn’t seem to have an effect.
My computer doesn’t recognise it as a USB device at all, so resetting it or flashing the firmware is impossible.

Yesterday I connected it to a USB charger that probably only gave 4.3V (instead of 5V). it gave a startup beep a few times but then stayed quiet. Over night I charged it with a proper charger at 5V and when I connected it at least, I think I saw 1W flowing to the Card Tracker and after 11 hours, over 3Wh was consumed (with a decent margin of error).
Right now it won’t consume any more than 0.02W.

Rebooting by holding the button and connecting the cable once won’t work.
DFU mode by holding the button and connecting the cable twice won’t work.
Connecting the magnetic cable to my computers doesn’t show a new USB device being connected (for example with USBDeview.exe on windows)
The pins on the back don’t show any voltage.

Anything from the green light?
Have you tried long holding the button? I forget if it is supposed to have extra functions, but 3sec, 5sec, 10 sec?
I know the bootloader also supports button combinations for some functions, I read double click and triple click, but those are supposed to be for things like change loRaWan region and gps on/off.
Sounds like it might have failed though.

No light, no sound, no bluetooth.
Yes, I tried holding the button: per the wiki, bootloader and DFU can be started by holding button while connecting the cable but allas.

Yeah, I can’t think of much else so I fear it has failed after a week of use :frowning: thanks for thinking along!

I have one I have been flashing multiple times for firmware testing and has not died yet (couple weeks now), so hopefully it’s just a one-off. We’ll have to see how long they last.

1 Like

maybe if you can t get it to work you can crack it open and do a video for us… everyone wants to see the inside… maybe you can put it inside a vice and squeze it till the case breaks open… i sent a message to tech support os wait a littke befor you do that…I am suspecting maybe the battery has a problem? dont try to open it with a sharp knife because you probably would cut yourself

Hi @dJoris thanks for the feedback, we can definitely work together to fix that issue. can you join the discord server, so that the tech support team can help more efficiently.

2 Likes

Thank you! While I was sleeping I already got contacted by your helpful colleagues via Discord direct messages.
Unfortunately the Seeed Discord requires a verified phone number.

I noticed this as well with the discord, it does not accept the number I use.

Yes it does require a phone number, WHY? It’s not necessary. I’m not giving up my phone number so Seeed please remove that requirement.

Please remove the requirement for my phone number to join the Discord group.

heh, I’m not ready to disassemble such a beautiful water resistant device.
There’s a T1000-A (?) teardown available if you like :wink: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JrR2sUVHxSQ

I’m waiting over the weekend till the fine people from Seeed are back to see what the solution can be, because I think we exhausted all possibilities at my end.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one with the phone number issue, btw!