Studio XIAO nRF52840 (Sense) battery pins

Hi,

I am willing to develop a PCB circuit, on which the Studio XIAO nRF52840 (Sense) module will be assembled.
my question regarding the Battery pins (which are in the bottom side of the module): are this pins solderable?
the reason I’m asking is because they don’t show up in the LBR file I found in the wiki site. can you send footprint file that includes this pins, so I could use it in my layout?

thanks,
Dan

As far as I can see from the outlook, the Studio XIAO nRF52840 (Sense) module features battery pins on its bottom side for connecting a battery. These pins are intended for soldering a battery connector or wires directly to the module.

so it isn’t intended for soldering to the pads on the pcb on which the module is to be assembled?

also, same question regarding NFC pads

thanks

Hi There,
Look at this…https://forum.seeedstudio.com/t/soldering-of-bat-and-thermal-pads-on-esp32-c3-to-a-motherboard/267939/6?u=pj_glasso
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

@PJ_Glasso can you send me the footprint files you used for developing your PCB?
currently I can’t find coordinates of the BAT and NFC pads on the XIAO module

Those are the original Eagle file footprint on seeeds wiki , I only modified the PCB online in Easy EDA on JLPCB’s link site. My advice is start with those and just be sure to call out the Plated holes and make the pads Oval. Works Always, I will see if I can DL the footprint from EasyEDA.
HTH
GL :slight_smile:
PJ