this is my first post, so I am sorry if I chose wrong category.
Anyway, I few questions about EC measuring module for arduino. Just so you know why I ask those questions, I am building an aquarium and hydroponic systems, both with automatic water quality regulation (pH+, pH-, lowering EC using water as clear as possible, rising EC using fertilizers in hydroponics). I want to use this sensor, as I don’t have huge budget to get industrial grade tools meant for 24/7 monitoring… https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-EC-Sensor-kit/
as for the questions:
- I have looked around the internet, and other brands do not recommend submerging similar electrodes in water 24/7. They recommend using industrial grade probes for such application. I guess I have to take electrode shipped with this module out of the water between measurements, right?
- What is the longevity of this electrode? If I measure 2 times or once a day and then take the electrode out of water using, let’s say, a stepper motor?
- Is there a way to get a spare electrode?
- Does anyone know where can I get an industrial grade electrode working with this module?
- Is it worth it disconnecting the module from GND or +5V inbetween the measurements to prolong it’s longevity?