SenseCAP T1000 Tracker Teardown

Interesting Video

Hey

Thanks for link but not much interest !

Vincèn

Hi there,
TechSMS is good guy, long time viewer but this came up a little short for me, The whole Helium Network and getting “REwARDS” sounds like a bribe…for it to work or participate, the other networks make no sense to me? I could see some of the Asset Tracking being usable but I’m Not sold on the t1000 too much other stuff required, third party and maybe trackable if its on a pay to play network, then scrapping the data is also an issue (DIY).
I look at the Helium network around me, and LOL it appears a lot of the Head and Smoke shop’s are operating these with all sorts of goofy names like I’m in Disney world. Why some areas have “IOT HotSPot” locations and some are “1 small Cell”

some say rewards “bribe paid?” In a real application SO I want to send some of our Mango’s to the beach restaurant what happens to the data when there is no Cell or Hot spot? The button thing is kinda useless IMO. NO breadcrumb trail, even my Vehicles GPS can leave that stand alone?
Real Battery consumption would have been nice to see…
I see it as “sort of” usable, given a specific use case scenario. Solid cost to operate model?
This doesn’t compare to cellular trackers , Standard costs that are plan based, more data and more updates , longer distance , not relying on piecemeal gateways, cells and IOT hotspots.
you need to have invested in the LORA network to pull the middle to the ends, seems unnecessary expense , no fail over or backup routes, etc.
I’m a solid NO, on this device without more information that is proven and the IMU in this thing? does what?, can it tell me the speed the mango’s are traveling, if the box was dropped ? Temperature is great and all but just the extremes is all that would be useful along with the way point data? No way to know if the Mango’s got Car JAcked (SoFlo full of poachers) the teardown was just ok…

I’m a wait and see on this thing. (much better prefer a FMD network) native on a Nrf devices coming out with the power of MAPs to support it FREE albeit there is a licence fee (one time) to google to certify the new product follows the protocol. Also worth noting there are free Dev keys for testing.

Wait and see, IMO
GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:

Full Video

1 Like

yes it was a Youtube Short… I do not like shorts at all… but the new kids just dont have any attention span…

Hi there,
watch the full video, LINKs usually posted in the INFO of the Short, BTW
comes up lacking IMO.
HTH

what came up short… the video or the product? Oh yeah… i seen that vid before… i guess that is why the short showed up in my feed!

for me Both…
more of a highlight video for me. lots of GAPS in it’s capabilities. and it’s got a battery in it… LOL

1 Like

That guy had gold chain like Mr T… What Da?

Link doesn’t seem to play back here… has anyone found teardown pictures for the T1000? I’d like to be able to upload custom firmware to it. I now Meshtastic is coming, I want to get Reticulum / RNode firmware on it as well. :slight_smile: