SenseCAP S2120 Weather Station Blog

![IMG_7133|666x500]
(upload://mGN1vj0wsXAF6t1aAVFKz7R9Urf.jpeg)

I know this installation it not the best, a little too low, and too close to the house… but the best i can do on short notice…

1 Like

Someone from Discord named arolake contacted me saying they were from tech support, and i think tried to scam me into “updating my firmware” and disclosing my Helium Wallet info, then when I resisted, the person disapeared…

Hi there,
Jez, these scammer guys don’t quit. So How’s the anemometer work looks a little LOW to get a Accurate reading?

Nice KIT for sure. Everything is included?
GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:

yes, i am thinking the roof may cause wind errors, but i am most interested in the rainfall for my purposes, also the solar pannel may be obstructed by second floor shadow in the morning and tree across the road in afternoon. I may be able to get a longer pipe… also may be able to locate elseware on the property… but so far so good for a test project, I am getting Helium coverage from a guy about 4 blocks down the street, so dont need a gateway yet…

I gotta figure how to get into english units… I have no clue how hot celcius is…

1 Like

I did the best I could do leveling… It has a bubble on top… but who can see that when installing? I had to get on my tippie toes just to put the pole into the slot… what da? I would almost say put an IMU on the board and use the bluetooth setup app to level… but that would probably be a waste for a one time use case…

This is the screen from the SenseCAP App

I was afraid my UV Index was not working… because all of the readings were 0… then i realized… Its been night all this time… I guess its good we got no UV problems at night around here…

Hi cgwaltney,

Trust you are doing well.
I have a couple of questions regarding the SenseCAP S2120 weather station.

First, have you experienced any issues with the rainfall intensity readings? Have you had a chance to compare its data with another rainfall source?

Additionally, have you encountered any irregular values? For example, if it rains for an hour and then stops, does the telemetry continue to show data as if it’s still raining for the next hour?

I appreciate your help and look forward to your response!

Thank you,
Darren

Darren

yes to a certain extent… i have not really compaired actual data… part of the reason is because of the whole metric system. i have noticed not detecting small rainfall… mist. reciently i stopped getting data when obviously raining and i had to take it down and clean the spoon and internals… then it went back to working… i spoke with seeed and they said they are working on adding actual accumulation to the software

i have never seen rainfall when not… but have seen missing rainfall

if you are noticing rainfall when it is not raining you may need to increase your update rate to like every 10 minutes… it may be you have update rate of 30 minutes… in that case if it rains till 0:35… it will report the first 30 minutes at the bottom of the hour and the the next 5 minutes will not be reported till the top of the hour… does that make sence?

What do you think about the power?
Was the cost worth it?

my power is 100% just on the batteries… i have it positioned toward the sun good

it has the option to add a bigger battery box that is included… but the text says it will not charge by built in solar in that configuration which is dumb… i dont understand why

my only complaint is that the units are in metric… the
temp can be switched to F in the app… but thats it
also i wanted total accumulation for the day and seeed has said they are going to add that and wind gust

1 Like