Seeeduino Xiao No device found on (usb port)

Hello, I am having a problem i bought a seeeduino xiao and when i want to upload my code the Arduino IDE tells me that it couldnt find a usb device at the port i selected in the drop down.
Also when i change the usb port the usb port it tells me doesnt change.
I appreciate your help.

Do you see the port its on? I ask to make sure you even know that you can see the port. Right click on the windows button (Assuming windows), go to device manager and have a look at the Ports (COM & LPT section). Unplug, see that one of the com devices disappears. Plug it back in and see that it reappears.

Once that check is done, I have sometimes noticed annoying behaviour where uploads stop until I restart, though that is with platformIO and the vscode terminal. Here I can sometimes get it to work by right clicking in device manager on the com port, clicking properties, going to port settings, then advanced and changing the port number.

From recollection there is some memory to what port it gets assigned to so I wouldnt expect it to switch without intervention.

Sorry for my late answer, but i see the xiao in the arduino ide dropdown and the device manager signed as Seeeduino Xiao (com10) and it never changes. Im going to try to change the Port number.
Thank you for your answer!

It doesnt seem to work.

Did you solve this? I have the same issue with PlatformIO on VS Code.

As far as I can tell this may be a Windows issue.
This error comes up often for me and the solution I’ve found is tedious so I’m hoping someone will be able to find a better one.

To temporarily solve this issue:
upload any working .ino file using the Arduino IDE in Linux

Thats it.
I have a partition on one of my hard drives for Ubuntu, and every time I receive this error, I restart my computer, select alternate boot, Ubuntu, launch Arduino IDE, and upload blink.ino

Update: I have made slight improvements to this process

I was able to use a virtual machine (VirtualBox) to launch Linux (Ubuntu) then use the Arduino IDE. The upload still failed but once I closed the VM I was able to upload files from the Arduino IDE in Windows

Configuring VirtualBox had a few steps
I had to access the root to elevate my user privileges
configure the board again in the Arduino IDE
and give the VM access to the USB device (This will prevent Windows from accessing the device)

Once it is all configured:
-Launch the VM
-Launch the Arduino IDE inside the VM
-Attempt to upload a known working file such as blink.ino (Upload will fail with similar error: No device found on com…)
-Close the VM (to return USB access to Windows)
-Upload a known working file from the Arduino IDE in Windows