Seeed XIAO BLE Sense nRF52840 deep-sleep mode

Hello.
I bought myself a Dongle nRF52840, but I had problems with it from the very beginning. How to program it?
For example, the simplest code “Blinky”. I watched several videos, but all of them are incomprehensible to me. Directly through VSCode nRF Connect does not see it (the screenshot below shows that Programmer detected it, but nRF Connect did not).

Next, I read that you need to drag and drop the HEX file of the project using the programmer. But where can I get this HEX file and in what environment should I write the code for the Dongle?

I am sure that my questions seem stupid to you, but still, please help me figure this out. Maybe it’s easy to solve the issue with Ant, which I still have active, because I don’t want to buy an expensive JLink+

Hi there,
WOW, So NO SUCH thing as a Stupid question :wink: :v:I think you are conflating the two things.
One the Dongle can be programmed and will be reprogrammed when ever you load a particular sketch or function from Nrf connect for Desktop.
Starting with Nrf Connect for Desktop (ver 4.40)…
Open the BLE for example and select the dongle from the pull down.
it will be recognized and programmed to be a BLE dongle. Hit scan and see if it see’s any BLE devices? If it does or you don’t have any try turning on BLE on your phone. Does it show up or any devices? If so then go to the next app,
The Programmer app, Again select the dongle from the pull down and it should push it to DFU Bootloader mode and display the contents of the memory in the dongle. pictured here,

You’ll notice the DRAG& DROP area to reprogram the dongle with your code or “Blinky” Just be sure to select the Correct board type (ie dongle) PCA10059.
The same thing works with the XIAO Nrf52840 based MCU’s
This will get you on the way to your ANT project.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

BTW, you’ll notice if you switch back to the BLE tester, it will ask to reprogram dongle(yes) and you will see how it reprograms the dongle back from programmer mode. :+1:

1 Like