Respeaker driver status on Raspberry?

Hi

After reading that forum, it looks like Respeaker is currently unusable on Raspberry PI due to compatibility issues between drivers supplied by Seeed and new Raspbian kernels. Problem is there since months and so far from what I have read no solution so far from Seeed neither alternative that are working. I tried the alternative repo made by a guy but that one is no more working with latest releases of raspbian.
When I contact tech support of Seeed they tell me to check on forums :frowning:
What choice do we have now ? Bin all respeakers boards and find a better supplier that supports more in the time its products ? or that is natively supported by Linux ?
I don’t understand also why these drivers have not been integrated in Linux kernel since the time ? it would have been a lot more efficient way to support the software side of Respeakers…

Thanks for any ideas on how to use these boards as I’m really sad not to be able to recycle them to use with Rhasspy (now that I had to remove all my Snips system that is a dead project now !).

Vincèn

Someone from Seeed Studio on that ? or Respeaker line is dead ?? :frowning:

1 Like

No support from seeed studio they are not responding to message it’s very disappointing

Yep I don’t understand what game they are playing there :frowning: They have a pretty good reputation and service (well based on my own experiences with them including with services like PCB) but on that product I don’t understand their total silence :frowning: and what concerns me more is that no info about a beta driver or some work in progress which makes me think all work has yet to be done…
Perhaps write an article on a blog about it would motivate them :confused:

Seeed is dead to me now.

Well they have at least in silence updated it but for sure i’m same as you now ! No way now to use Seeed products/dev for commercial products for my customers as it’s not a proper way to behave with your customers :frowning: Sad as I was planning to use their fusion services to build some products but now will have to find an other company :expressionless:

Agreed. Where did you find the update? I have yet to find one that works.

I am now looking for respeaker alternatives. Know of any?

I just ordered a waveshare hat. We will see how that goes.

Hi,
I’ve had a similar problem, i posted my solution in the thread https://forum.seeedstudio.com/t/respeaker-4mic-array-install-on-raspberryos-with-5-15-kernel/264254/3
I hope that it could help
Marco