Questions about the Brushless Motor Shield (TB6605FTG)

Hi,

What is the maximum value of continuous output current of this shield? The Brushless Motor Shield (TB6605FTG) output current specifaction (0.02A) on seeed studio wiki is very unreasonable.( Brushless Motor Shield TB6605FTG | Seeed Studio Wiki). Only 0.02A can not drive the motor like 42BLF01 to rotate smooth at high speed as 4000 rpm. Please tell me the maximum value of continuous output current of this shield.

Otherwise, can I use this 16 poles BLDC motor 24v part number 411812 to drive the high speed at 6000 rpm with this shield by given 28V? I have tested the motor can run at 6000 rpm with another driver board. I wonder whether Brushless Motor Shield (TB6605FTG) can do it or not.

Thank you

Hi,Sorry for wiki has some mistake, the right should be 0.5 A to 10 A.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Otherwise, is it possible to drive the maxon motor like I mentioned above at 6000 rpm? I read the datasheet of TB6605FTG chip. It didn’t guarantee the maximum speed of the motor it can drive.

Thank you

Hi there, Well the MOSFET Chips being used on that shield are the TK20P04M and has the following specifications: 20A, 40V, 27W, 985pF, 0.034.
another shield that does is here. Brushless Motor Driver Debuggable PC Controllable Brushless Motor Drive Module with theses Current Parameters: 50A continuous, 120A peak
They (seeed) needs better documentation IMO.
HTH
GL :slight_smile:

1 Like