Opening the case to access to SWD pads

Hi!

I went through the Testing with SWD section of the Get Started with Wio Terminal.

One question: how to open the case? I wouldn’t want to damage it.

Thank you!

I believe you just take the little rubber bumpers off and just unscrew it. I think it should just come apart. See the pic below.

@ansonhe97 I think it is necessary to write a document on how to debug using SWD. Do you think it is necessary? @Dennis_Mabrey

Thank you @Dennis_Mabrey! Indeed, there are two screws: top-left and bottom-right.

I just had a look at top-right and found none.

@Baozhu For debugging, you can use the Segger J-Link Edu along with the Ozone GUI. It works fine against the Seeeduino Xiao M0.

@ansonhe97 Please add documentation on this aspect to the Wiki as soon as possible.

I found and removed the two screws from the Wio Terminal case but it doesn’t open! Are there clips or something in the other two corners?

Do I need to perform a magic dance :slight_smile:

OK, replying to myself. The case has two clips attached to the back cover. These are on the opposite corners to the screws and are on the short edge of the cover. To release the clips the short side near the corner must be pulled out a bit. I used my fingernail to bend the side of the case out slightly and that released the clips.

2 Likes