Multiple LiPo batteries on the LiPo Rider Pro?

Both the catalog and wiki pages for the LiPo Rider Pro state “Scalable to multiple lithium batteries and large/multiple solar panels through simple end-user modifications”, but neither say exactly what modifications are needed.

Any pointers?

-Chris

Hi ,
It can only charge one battery as we know , but it can be charged by multiple solar panels that you can refer to the datasheet of CN3065 regarding it .

Deray

So, shouldn’t both the product page and the wiki be updated if “Scalable to multiple lithium batteries” is not true?

I purchased a couple of LiPo Rider Pro’s expecting to be able to chain tie batteries together, because the product page and the wiki said it was possible.

-Chris

Hi ,
:blush: very sorry for this since the our colleague have a mistake express , maybe he want to means it can be used with multiple solar panel with different size , but just only one battery can be charged that know from the datasheet of the charging chip .

Deray

I understand that the charging chip datasheet says one battery. I see that the catalog page has been updated, but the wiki page has not.

But, what is a 6000mAh battery? It is three 2000mAh batteries that have been voltage balanced and then wired in parallel. So, it seems that the LiPo Rider Pro can be used with multiple batteries, if they are properly assembled.

-Chris

yes , you are right , you can connect three 2000mAh batteries wired in parallel , but that is not the right way to charge them since while one of the battery is in full status , then the lipo Rider will stop to charging other two battery .

Deray

When connected in parallell, the fuller battery will charge the emptier battery until a balance is reached. It’s important that before connecting them in parallell, they must have very similar voltage, otherwise a very large current will flow between them. Probably easiest to first charge all batteries full individually, then connect them in parallell. After that they’ll work as a single battery.

Do you know how to connect the LiPO batteries in parallel?