MR60FDA1 60GHz mmWave Sensor - Fall Detection Pro Module

Hi, I am using above fall detection. Data message printed in the serial monitor.
I am getting 53 59 80 3 0 1 1 31 54 43

How to determine a fall?
Thanks
Johan

1 Like

Have the leaves changed ? That’s how I do it… LOL
Hi couldn’t resist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, Looks like your getting the gyro and accelerometer data printed with the magnetometer too may be? Typically the demo apps just write it out the serial port. Scroll back see if there are headers in there somewhere.
I haven’t looked over the Data-sheet yet but that is my guess. it’s just raw data so, you will probably need to code up some magic. :v:

HTH
GL :-p

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I got this from the manual, but I am having difficulty understanding Fall data pattern.
If I know the fall data pattern, I can do rest of the coding.

Hello, happy to help you. When you receive the content of the data circled in red in the diagram, it means that the radar recognises a change in the fall status.

Hi,

Thank you.
Sorry for the late reply. I got it working.
The only issue is now, sometimes when two people are in the zone, It produces a false - Falling alarm.
Further, I also tried to detect falls from bed but it did not work. Do you have any idea how I could fine-tune that?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards

Please ensure that the only person present during the test is the subject to be monitored and that there are no other moving creatures to interfere, e.g. dogs etc. In the event of inaccurate detection, check that the radar is installed at the required distance from the subject to be monitored to the specifications in the manual.

Hi

Happy new year!
Thanks for the info. It works when a person is falling from a standing position. I have a bed at the edge of detection zone and if the person role out of the bed and falls in the detection area it does not pick up the fall. Is there anything I can do pickup the fall when a person role out of bed.

Thanks and best regards

Johan

Hello, may I know your installation environment? Is it installed on top of the room?

Hello,
I have used this tutorial, but no matter how I fall, there will be no fall information. How can I make it appear?

This is the installation environment I tested

Rick

Can you give me your email, I can realtime and you email talk.

Sorry we just got back from Chinese New Year holiday. You can contact me directly through the technical support email.

To ensure the accuracy of radar detection, please install it on top!
The radar should be installed vertically with a horizontal deviation angle of ≤5° to ensure that the radar main beam covers the detection area; the radar installation height is recommended to be 2m≤H≤3m. No obvious obstructions and coverings in front of the radar. Affected by the radar installation height and radar beam range, the maximum radius of moving human detection in this installation mode is R3 ≈ 3 meters; the maximum radius of stationary human detection is R2 ≈ 2.25 meters; the radius of fall detection is R1 ≤ 2 meters.

Hi,

My observation is that when a person’s height changes from high to low, it detects a “falling state”.
Suppose I sit on a chair or a bed it detects that as a"falling state". How can get the distance between the person and the radar, so I can determine whether it is a fall or not?
Regards
Johan

Hello, you said the change in height from high to low will trigger a fall which is not very accurate. The radar determines the fall by a variety of factors, but mainly by the change in acceleration in the vertical direction to determine whether the fall. If the vertical acceleration exceeds the threshold, then the fall warning may be triggered.
Currently the fall radar distance measurement function is not yet open for users to query, we will consider your comments.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Is there a possibility to adjust vertical acceleration threshold, so it will not false alarm when a person sit on a chair or a bed.

Thanks
Johan

We’ve shared the latest firmware available, which may be of interest to you, and we’d like to see if this new firmware improves on the issue.

Hi,
Thanks for that. Hence, I have to purchase the following to hardware to upgrade the Firmware.

SEGGER J-Link EDU - JTAG/SWD Debugger : ID 1369 : $69.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Can you please confirm.
Best regards
Johan

Please check if these necessary interfaces are available and if so are available.

Hi @Citric , can I have the firmware file to update the firmware of this Fall Detection module via UART? Do you have the firmware with version G60FD1SYv010107?

Regards,
Thiam Chi

Sorry for not seeing the news until now, I’ll be updating the firmware today