LinkStar-H68K-0232 Router Firmware Updates

After shooting myself in the foot a few times (mostly running out of disk space to create the ext4 image) I’ve got a better build from the SeeedStudio release which has Docker built in along with a bunch of other things. So many things now, in fact, that I need to copy new images onto the H68K and run sysupgrade interactively on there rather than upload through the Luci interface which times out.

This is working really nicely for me now as my HomeAssistant server - all running in Docker, using an NVMe SSD in a USB-C enclosure for storage.

I did have a brief attempt to apply the H68K patches against the HEAD of the OpenWRT tree but it was non-trivial and I didn’t have the time to dig into the details of what was going wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Did you extend the image and using /opt for docker?
I cannot get home assistant to pull the image as I keep getting too many symbolic links error.

I 'git clone’d the OpenWRT source from github and built it using ‘make menuconfig; make clean; make -j 12’ on my laptop which is running Debian. I’m happy to share the ‘.config’ file I am currently using which builds an ext4 sysupgrade image of around 312M compressed (it uses a 2TB partition).

I actually configured docker to be in /docker rather than /opt/docker and I have that mounted to an 80G partition on a 256G NVMe SSD.

1 Like
  1. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks like a release has been made and a built image is available on the Github repository.
    Release Linkstar H68K R1 Release · Linkstar-H-series/Openwrt · GitHub

2. the issue with the self-built image not being able to boot from TF,
    This seems to be improved by removing the
    Openwrt/target/linux/rockchip/files/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3568-linkstar-opc.dtsi:Line 594 in 8ad4fbf

There may be a compatibility issue with the boot loader, which is flashed on the eMMC, though.

The results of my tests are described in the following Issue.

1 Like

Check out the relevant forum at Openwrt: