Keeping the Mini Router Operating System up to date

Hello,

I have purchased one of Seeeds Mini Routers and as it took some time to get to me, one of the first things I wanted to do was check for any updates to the operating software. But I don’t seem to be able to do that via the normal command line or terminal.

Contacted support, they advised I needed to reimage the SD Card with latest image each time!

Is this correct?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Hello @lloydc,

If you want to update the available packages list, you can type: opkg update
Next, if you want to upgrade the packages, you can type: opkg upgrade

But if you want the latest OpenWrt System, you can follow the wiki below to flash the latest image:
https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/OpenWrt-Getting-Started/#initial-set-up

Can I know which version of the Compute Module you have? eMMC or non-eMMC version?

Best Regards,
Lakshantha

HI @lakshan (or anyone),

I made an error trying to expand my file system to use the whole 32GB. Now I’ve flashed the OpenWRT version – it worked well but I want Docker and all the software. So I have tried three versions of SEED’s images 06/20, 21 . but it does not boot completely. I get " /bin/sh: can’t access tty: job control turned off"

is there a list of stable builds? Should I go back several months, try to guess which version ?

It’s an eMMC model.

Thanks, Hank

Wish I could help Hank, but given the financial outlay for this device, you are left to your own devices. very disappointing.