J1010, how to detect and mount SD card in the SD card slot

Hello,
I have done same things you did Eduard, but nothing worked and the tutorial to activate the SD reader specify that we must flash an image on the Jetson Nano.

I finally found a device to install my Ubuntu 18.04, then I installed SDK Manager and followed the tutorial from seed-studio : reComputer J1010 | J101 | Seeed Studio Wiki

Then I did the tutorial : J101 Enable SD Card | Seeed Studio Wiki

AND… my SD card is finally seen by my Jetson nano card !
Regarding my USB stick I did not finished the tutorial sinced I have flashed a new OS and use my SD card from now on.

Thanks to all of you for your time and help.

Hello,Eduard! This is the basic command of Linux: apt-get update to update, apt-get upgrade to synchronize the installation package version of the software source to get the latest installation package version, and apt-get autoremove toremove software installation packages that are no longer needed to save memory. For J1010,yes, it is not working out of the box! This problem needs to be solved by downloading NVIDIA’s official jetpack and reinstalling the system. For other problems, you may need to consult NVIDIA’s official technical support engineers. I hope my answer will solve some of your doubts
best wishes for you

Thanks.

To summarize:

• the reComputer J1010 has a micro SD card slot, but it’s not working because the pre-installed OS is not supporting the SD card slot
  • It is not possible to update the OS in a standard way to make it work

To make it work take the following steps:

• get a seperate laptop/PC with Ubuntu 18.04 (which is old, in fact: end of life)

• get a hardware jumper

• get an USB C cable connect the reComputer

• get a nVidea Account

• download SDKmanager to the Ubuntu laptop

• Use the jumper to connect the FC REC pin and the GND pin to force reset of the reComputer

• Connect the reComputer to the laptop using the USB cable

• Flash a new version of the Jetson OS to the eMMC card? Using a lot of technical steps of a part of wiki that is difficult to understand, because this wiki is for flashing a OS to the SD card instead of eMMC.

• remove the jumper?

I understand this is the only way to get the SD card working. But why? Why can’t I just upgrade the kernel? What makes J1010 different than a normal computer?

haha,The first thing to consider is the NVIDIA jetpack memory problem that we need to worry about when burning the system so we need to use the SD card; About you want to know whether you can only upgrade the kernel doubts, this I can do nothing, perhaps NVIDIA’s official technical support can give a more reasonable explanation, after all, J1010 is based on NVIDIA

Hi, I am having the same problem and trying to solve.
Did you have a solution?

Hi @Nguyen_Nguy_n
Please follow this step to move your system to your sd card:

BTW, which version of jetpack did you use?