Esp32c3 endless reboot when developing with Homespun

Hi,

I have been creating a small HomeKit sensor that combines the Xiao-esp32c3 and a MR24HPC1 sensor using Homespan. I have been trundling along quite well with development, but now have an issue that after I upload my code, the esp32c3 goes into an endless reboot, with the following being displayed in the terminal after homespan starts up.

ESP-ROM:esp32c3-api1-20210207
Build:Feb  7 2021
rst:0x3 (RTC_SW_SYS_RST),boot:0xb (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
Saved PC:0x403819b6
SPIWP:0xee
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fcd5810,len:0x38c
load:0x403cc710,len:0x6ac
load:0x403ce710,len:0x24e4
entry 0x403cc710
Starting up...

I am developing the solution using Platform.io inside of Visual Studio and read elsewhere that there may be an issue with the uploading configuration, so I added:

board_build.flash_mode = dio

to my platform.ini file, this didn’t solve the problem.

I also read elsewhere that the issue may be due to the strapping pins and that connecting D0 via a 3k3 resistor to USB v5 could resolve the issue. This didn’t work.

Here is the circuit and as can be seen I am not going near the other strapping pins

Has anyone got any clues or ideas as to what to try next?

Hi there,
If you don’t have a programmer… The Basic Manual mode, of Hold the BOOT button down while pressing the RESET and releasing both will give you a prompt at the serial port , “Waiting for Upload” you can use the Arduino IDE, Load a BASIC sketch and run at it again… Or PLIO
Go!
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

btw , totally normal crash mode boot loop. Welcome to programming. :crazy_face: :v:

So went back and compiled a simple ‘blinker’ and all good, so as you say @PJ_Glasso it’s a case of working backwards until I find out what topples the house of cards.

Thanks

M

1 Like