DSO Quad suggestion and bugs.

Yes, I ordered my probes. For people that don’t have the time to trole every topic and happen to be looking at this one, don’t forget to change the quantity to two (2) probes, as that is what the coupon covers. The link for the probes as:

seeedstudio.com/depot/digita … 64e431e615

Mine too , now this IS a company that takes thier customers seriously and listens to what they are saying.

Not at the time the original post was made :slight_smile:

I understand your need to do damage limitation but honestly do you think that making a few cents worth of probes available is actually going to be enough to quell the torrent of disquiet that the quad it currently suffering.

It also helps to get your time lines correct when trying to make good.

Still waiting to see that ever growing list of suggestions and bugs start to shrink, excepting the availability of the probes.

Cheers Pete.

I am very satisfied with Seeed’s products and customer support. I understand the current QUAD is a BETA version and I knew that all along so I took the risk of buying. I have faith that Seeed and their partners are working to fix the problems. All it requires is a little patience from our side.

On a side note, the post office lost a package in December and Seeed replaced the entire order.

:open_mouth:

Well in that case I am not surprised you are “very satisfied:smiley:

Hi,
I upgrade from FPGA ?, sys 1.33, app 2.32 toward fpga2.5, sys1.41, app2.43.

All is in the title : the setting are not saved so each time you restart the DS203 you have to reconfigure everything.
PS: I do not know how the setting are saved but with the old system i have already saved some settings. I do not know, if the upgrade delete old setting or try to import it. Nevertheless old or new setting are not saved.

Regards
Elmout

Hi,
After dowgrade to sys 1.37/app2.35, calibrate it and use it all afternoon compared with a true scope at $20000.

• An autoscale will be welcome : actually when there is an overrange it display either something false like a line at the botton of the screen or nothing at all (mode : normal). At least a message should say over/under-range and when not in trig mode an autorange mode should be added: when the adc reach its high/low limits it switch to upper or lower range.

• When you are in normal mode and change a setting such as time scale and let the cursor on time scale, it trig and store sample but at the last scale.

Regards

I find the button interface to be random and impossible to navigate. Buttons function differently depending on what is currently selected. Can I suggest a better way?

Buttons:
Left button push, left button left/right
Right button push, right button left/right

Screen
Organize into 5 main groups, each with a set of subgroups, each subgroup has a set of values of which only one can be selected. The *channel means that there is one such item per channel.

Channels (*channel)
—Coupling (none, AC, DC, GND)
—Voltage (50mV …)
—Position (scrolls up and down)
Timebase
—screen timebase
—acquire timebase (if implemented)
Trigger (*channel)
—Type
—Edge
—Threshold
Markers
—V1 (scroll)
—V2 (scroll)
—Delta V (*channel)
—T1 (scroll)
—T2 (scroll)
—Delta T (*channel)
Functions
—too long to list but things like Vpp, VDC, Vbat, and output waveform. Some are *channel some are singletons

The map right button push to cycle through the 5 main categories, right button left/right to select a sub category, left button push to cycle through channels for *channel sensitive fields, and left button left/right to cycle/scroll through values. One can also remember the current subgroup for each group so that scrolling would start from that subgroup.

The display of the fields can stay how it is now, but if the screen is reorganized a bit to correspond with the groupings that would be better (like putting delta V and delta T at the bottom near the markers’ icons).

I would like to modify this myself, but I’m afraid to brick my scope. Also I don’t have the tools and don’t want to pay for them.

I like the idea of improving the interface and would be open to testing this idea; however, having used the Quad in the field for actual troubleshooting, and, found the menuing combersom to use, I think the easiest fix would be to add more than one setup save. If I could have, maybe, a half dozen presets I would only be one or two clicks from exactly what I need, if that, for most of my applications.

I agree with that. Perhaps they could save to the virtual SD card multiple setups like BenF has done with the DSO Nano.

I thought app v2.45(b) was supposed to fix the problem with saving the scope configuration. I see no difference except it’s now displaying “reload parameter OK”, and still the saved configuration was not restored.

??? do you mean your Quad can not reload the presetting even “reload parameter ok”?
i have tested about 10 Quads , and every times it reloaded the setting ok. could you describe your operation in detail?

the app2.45(b)is for modifying the bug when calibrate CHB, in the 2.45(a), the voltage can not be adjusted by the “+”

yes, but when I opened my scope this morning, it was ok as you describe how it should work.

I played with it a little more and the problem is still there, consistency is about 90%, I guess.

Basically all I do is I try to hide channel b, c, and d, then I press the “o” button. It says the settings were saved.

I turn it off, and then turn it on again and still channels b-d are still there.

please first format the Quad disk as :
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2112
if it still not work, give a PM , i need to check it or considering a replacment for you.
thanks

While I hope Glut’s problem gets worked out, I’d like Hugemane to remember the larger concern of being able to save multiple presets. I have shown the Quad to several people and they all say the same thing, “Gee, I remember scopes as being big boxes with dozens of knobs and switches.” The when I show how it functions, thieir eyes glase over at the “mystical dance” my fingers have to do to get the settings right.

As I see it,this device’s MAJOR flaw is the lack of multiple preset saves. Sure better specifications would be nice, but you get what you pay for; sure a computer interface would be nice, but that is not inline with the goals of a shirt-pocket device.

Ultimately, it is what it is. But multiple preset saves would be such an easy fix for taking the traditional controls down to a shirt-pocket device. :bulb:

i am sorry but i do not understand what your mean by “multiple preset”, i have tested that the Quad can save all the parameters and presettings , include setting of channel_X, trigger setting ,singal generator settings and measurings

I believe what is being asked for is the ability to save several sets of presets not just a single set, this would allow the user to configure the scope for several types of measurement without having to reset all the parameters for each job.

so we would have save -> config 1, config 2 config 3 etc just like we can save several bitmaps and xml files
then we could load a config of our choice when we needed it and our new toys would be ready to go without the need to re-configure all the settings.

Cheers Pete

If I want to test the ring-back of a solenoid, I’ll hide all but 1 channel and set the Volts per Division to 10. I can save this setting as a preset. If I want to test the output of a strainguage as it relates to a sensor signal, I’ll use the A channel set to 1 volt per division and the B channel set to 2 volts per division. I can save this setting as a preset. But I can’t save both presets. Being able to have multiple presets (of multiple parameters) addresses the core shortfalling of condensing many controls in to few. I would like to have the ability to save, say, 6 setting presets. Number 1 might be for simple single channel audio, #2 might be for dual channel logic analysis, etc. We would make the settings once, save them to an assigned file, then recall that file from a simple single button menuing sceme. Is that a little clearer?

I agree - that would be REALLY useful :bulb: