DSO nano new bootloader firmware

Well, I used my money to"Vote" for Amazon UK - hardly some cowboy outfit!

if he confess his sins before thee and me, and repenteth in the sincerity of his heart, him shall ye forgive

Note that Seeedstudio generously offers an “Others” forum section for “Externally-sourced products, anything you want to say.” So feel free to post there about these scopes. I wouldn’t mind a few posts here either, but it is getting really confusing with everybody filling this forum with their firmware issues on various devices, often without being able to explain what device they really have.

dso.218, you bought /through/ Amazon, not from Amazon, and you chose some dealer there. And it would anyway not help if Amazon is big and famous, if they don’t care about their customers.

All that said, this guy seems to insinuate that Seeedstore have messed up as well: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4671

So I wrote to BenF through PM here on forum and I a send message to seller of Chinese DSO clone if they could send me source code for their firmware. If only we could get latest BenF source code and working “new LCD model” firmware source code it hopefully could get married.

New hardware is permanent/persistent issue and it won’t go away until we find a way around it. Help me out here if you can please.

Hello everybody BTW :wink:

[EDIT]
I found a hint on Chinese forum:
Previous LCD driver: 7781
Current LCD driver: 9341

www datasheetdir com / ST7781+download
www wdflcd com / xz / ILI9341_AN_V0.6_20110311.pdf

Inshame, please see viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4823

I have a DSO201 made by minidso that I bricked by trying to upload their own firmware to it :imp:
In my quest to return it to a functional state, I downloaded the the zip file (BenF364_LIB353) and extracted the two files (V353_LIB.HEX and V364_APP.HEX). I connected my unit via the USB cable and powered it on in DFU mode. An icon titled “DFU V3_29_D” appeared under My Computer. I copied the V353_LIB.HEX file to the root folder of the device. Then I copied the V364_APP.HEX file to the root folder of the device. It disconnected and remounted and after that the two files showed as V353_LIB.RDY and V364_APP.RDY. I powered the device off, disconnected the cable, and powered it on again and now all I have is a flickering greyish screen. If anyone can tell me what I did wrong, I would be very appreciative as right now my DSO201 isn’t even a very good paper weight.

-Thanks

Hi the solution is explained here (flick screen):
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4823

In agreement with that, the faq was also updated (How to upgrade the firmware):
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4227

Hi there!

Any solution for this satrnge DSO201?

My shows:
Serial E3DBAFBB License87240531
V3.29D

Have the same white flickering screen iusse

I have developed one App for Android to read the files from BenF firmware an see the waves on your tablet screen, even make measures, very basic but it works!

I think I hit the same problem… copied the BenF .hex files to my 201, and it bricked to a white/grey screen… It also produced a .err file when it remounted… (pretty sure it was BenF 4.6.2 -App that bricked it.) Obtained the rar file from the link someone else provided. Hope it fixes things, Otherwise, I’m sunk… (and this makes #3 I’ve owned… the other two were lost when house was demolished… Don’t ask… L-O-N-G Story!)