Does XIAO nRF52840 support DAPLink for debugging & bootloader flashing?

JLink is pretty expensive (unless I buy a clone, which has a risk of being blocked by Segger). So I’m considering buying a DAPLink. Segger website claims they have added DAPLink support for Embedded Studio, but not sure which features will actually work.

I’m wondering, will DAPLink indeed work with XIAO nRF52840 for both debugging and flashing through J-Flash? Has anyone tried that? Will XIAO SAMD21 with DAPLink sketch (as described here How to use Arduino Borads as DAPLink Device - Seeed Wiki) be good enough for working with XIAO nRF52840?
There are also many DAPLink choices on AliExpress but I’m new to this JLink/DAPLink stuff, I have only Arduino experience.

Also, I’m worried about so many reports of XIAOs getting bricked for no apparent reason. Is it true? Can they be always unbricked by reflashing bootloader or is there any other reason? What is the official Seeed response regarding this bricking issue? Is it specific to XIAO SAMD21 or would XIAO nRF52840 also suffer from this?

Don’t know about DAPLink so cannot help there.
There is a Segger J-Link EDU version, if this is for hobby use, not professional. And if you can find one.

Another alternative might be if you have an ST-Micro board that has an on board ST-link debugger, they can usually be used to debug secondary boards. Segger offers firmware to upgrade the ST-Link to J-link, though I’m not sure all feature are supported: ST-LINK On-Board

And possibly the BBC MicroBit, although it may just be for onboard debugging only as I’ve not been able to find any mention of external SDWCLK/SWDIO pins??? BBC Microbit

Disclaimer: I have used the ST’s ST-Link debugger (not specifically with the Xiao though) but not when loaded with the J-Link support firmware. They both use the SWD interface into the processors so are similar but it seemed at the time the ST-Link had limited number of breakpoints.
And I toasted two ST-Link boards (not the target board) before going the Segger J-Link EDU route. (I’m non-professional)

Hi martinicus,
The following link may be helpful for XIAO_SAMD21 unbrick. I believe you can write a bootloader to XIAO_nRF52840 as well.
However, I have no experience debugging with DAPLink.

To the Seeed team

Thank you!