I ordered the Wio Link as well as the Wio Node with a few sensors to play around with.
Sadly I’m running into issues right at the start when trying to connect any one of them to the app
- Galaxy S9+ / Android version 9
- App Version 2.3.7 (same results with 2.3.0 and 2.3.6)
- Login to the app is successful (Server Global - https://us.wio.seeed.io)
- Klicking on “Add your first device” or "+"promts me to set the Link/Node into Setup Mode which works fine with both devices.
- Clicking “next” puts me directly into the
“Step 1” Connect to Wi-Fi Network screen.
- The Wio device does not show up in that list. It does show up when looking manually for networks though.
- When I select any Network and connect to it, the app crashed and/or resets to the “setup your wio link” screen instantly.
- at no point do I get into any screen where I am asked to connect to the Wio device as is shown in most videos/screenshots here. It feels like the app is skipping that part?
- there is currently no way for me to get past the “Connect to Wi-Fi Network” screen. Tested with multiple networks in multiple locations. 2.5Ghz as well as 5Ghz.