Access to the Garden Wiki

This may or may not be the right place to state this, but I thought the association of this site to the Garden Wiki was close enough that the admin could pass it on to the right person.

I’ve been trying to create a freelancer account on the wiki at garden.seeedstudio.com. The create account feature is broken as it doesn’t let anyone create a new account.

If you click on the log in link, you get the screen at: garden.seeedstudio.com/index.php … :UserLogin. This only works if you already have an account.

If you click on help, the How To Start section, states:

if you want to create your page in Garden, Start here!

First of all, please create a account and login, It is not prerequisite, but necessary for you to become a freelancer and for Garden to record your contributions. Garden is allowed everyone to join us!

Here, the “create a account” link takes you to this page:

Special:UserLogin

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators

So - there doesn’t seem to be a way to create a new account.

Please pass this on to the Wiki administrator.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you so much for your report. We will solve that problem ASAP.

Regards,

Steve

Hi delad,

Seeedstudio is in holiday during Jan 31 to Feb 7 for the Chinese Spring Festival, In order to prevent Garden from the ads spamming, we decide to close the create account feature, and reopen it as soon as Seeedi coming back to work.
And now, all business as usual, if you want to have an account, you can request one and get the generated password from Garden by email, or you can email to me to request an account(tell me your username…), the mailbox address is lafier.kong@seeedstudio.com.

Thanks for your contributions, and sorry for all the inconvenience.

Lafier

We should notify people about this on registration page.