A603 Jetson Orin NX 16 Gb flashing does not finsh: Waiting for target to boot-up

Hello,

I’m trying to flash the Jetpack 5.1.1 into the NVMe SSD installed in the Carrier Board A603 for a Jetson Orin NX 16 Gb as per this instruction web page.

In the final step 3, the actual flashing process, it waits for the Jetson to boot-up, which never happens:

*  Step 3: Start the flashing process *
Waiting for target to boot-up...
Timeout
Cleaning up...

I have tried to connect the uart debug port to the host computer through a usb converter, as suggested here, but with the same result.

How can I solve it?

Thank you

Hello, are you sure your device has entered the forced recovery mode? Could you please send a photo of the “lsusb” command?
By the way, please make sure that the micro-USB cable you are using supports data transfer, and during the system flashing process, do not connect any other peripherals except for the SSD.

Did you ever resolve this? I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

Hi!
The problem seemed to be the SSD unit. At the beginning we were trying to use a SATA SSD; we switched to a NVMe unit, and finally it worked.
Good luck!