Navigation Joy-stick

What is the use for the central button in the Navigation joy-stick?
How can I clear the memorized wave-form when set on the DSO the first time?
There are a few things that the manual do not refere, do you think also?
Thanks for coments.

about the navigation joy-stick action is all in Manual .
Thanks

Means that the middle button has no function, as it is not described in the manual?

And how about the second question:
How can I clear the memorized wave-form when set on the DSO the first time?
This is what I am interested in either!

Best Regards

dago

Yeah, the middle button doesnā€™t do anything.

To clear the initial waveform, just make a change to the vertical or horizontal scaling. As described in the manual, the wave will disappear because the selected scaling is different to the scaling of the saved waveform.

I think the device should try to scale the waveform to the currently selected scaling and have a separate option to turn it off thoughā€¦

Yeah, but how to erase it permanently?

Solved the problem in the meantime by flashing a new 3rd party firmware :unamused:
Not only this issue disappeared, but also the useabilty of the interface is much more user friendly in my opinion. I found it in the depth of the internet in a chinese forum. It is from a user named yijian and has a Tek like UI.

Best Regards

dago

On this page, post 88?

Looks good - Iā€™ll have to try it!

Exact :smiley: (Your link was not visible, so I edited the quote a bit!)

Here is a picture of the UI:

Yijian Firmware.jpg

I tried it out - it looks really good and the control system makes more sense than the proper firmware, although the battery level still seems inaccurate.

Iā€™m reverting to the original firmware. This one canā€™t do the following:

Normal mode doesnā€™t work - it just doesnā€™t look like it trigers. SAME WITH Signal mode. It also canā€™t scan.

There are pixels left behind all over the place.

It canā€™t display the current average voltage, and other measurements.

Other than that, the control system is much better than the Seeedstudio firmware.

Try the ā€œPaulā€ firmware - itā€™s available from here and/or the Chinese language blog, the latest version Iā€™ve seen is this:

download/file.php?id=147

On the Chinese language page, Paul says heā€™s not doing further development, somebody who can write Chinese should ask him to release his source code - I think this version is the most all-around usable of everything thatā€™s available.

Awesome! Youā€™re right - thatā€™s by far the best one so far! Thanks very much!

Can someone please ask him for his source code?