BenF 3.x FW on new LCD driver devices [flick. screen solved]

Moderators: lily.li, violet, jeremy882, crail.lyu969

ricoreyes
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Re: HELP NEEDED! [Is this the end of BenF 3.x firmware line?

Post by ricoreyes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:30 pm

I didn't have any luck. :(

I copied the files one at a time, each went to .rdy, but on restart I still had OFW 4.22 running.

I to rule out a device issue, I uploaded the custom FW version that causes the white screen of death (http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/images/ ... LIB353.zip), and predictably wound up with the flashing white screen.

I tried to reflash your files again, and again, they went to .rdy, but on restart there was a flashing white screen.

I went back to OFW 4.22, which installed and ran fine. Then I tried your firmware again, but with the same result as the first time, 4.22 stays on.

I'm not sure why it would go to .rdy when I upload your files and still have nothing take effect, but it looks like that's what it's doing.

I'd be pleased to try it again if you have any more suggestions or versions!

tormod
Elementary-2
Elementary-2

Post by tormod » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:31 pm

rimidalv007, can we have the source code please?

rimidalv007
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by rimidalv007 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:38 pm

ricoreyes wrote:I didn't have any luck. :(

I copied the files one at a time, each went to .rdy, but on restart I still had OFW 4.22 running.

I to rule out a device issue, I uploaded the custom FW version that causes the white screen of death (http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/images/ ... LIB353.zip), and predictably wound up with the flashing white screen.

I tried to reflash your files again, and again, they went to .rdy, but on restart there was a flashing white screen.

I went back to OFW 4.22, which installed and ran fine. Then I tried your firmware again, but with the same result as the first time, 4.22 stays on.

I'm not sure why it would go to .rdy when I upload your files and still have nothing take effect, but it looks like that's what it's doing.

I'd be pleased to try it again if you have any more suggestions or versions!
What info contain your boot screen? Try attached files in this post.
tormod wrote:rimidalv007, can we have the source code please?
Not for now. If I get full newest source BenF fw I will publish my work in one day (after check authenticity)! Reason is: I several times worked on similar things(patching and fixing fw's (on binary level), much complex than this) and publish it and someone get it and continue work on newes versions without publishing. I just want stimulate people to share. If I don't get BenF new source, I will try to contiune work on this version to improve performance and bug fix depend on my free time. If someone does not have the patience can do it alone. It's relative easy. I spend about 3-4hours, worked in night between 3:00AM- 7:00AM :) but job less than 1 hour. At first I had a little familiar with original source.

I had nano just one day and motivate for my work is trigger missing in factory version which is most important for me. I thought to write from zero, but someone alreday did nice job.

ricoreyes
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by ricoreyes » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:20 am

It works! You are a genius!

Most excellent work! Now hopefully we can get source for the newest version?

Wow, never imagined I'd see BenF boot up on my nano... :D

d0m1n1k
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by d0m1n1k » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 am

Thank you rimidalv007! Good job!

Single shot works! Now this DSO is usable to me. Unfortunatly, I cannot set/reduce buffer size on low timebase with this version of Benf Firmware? :(

Was it hard to implement the new display driver? Maybe there could be an easy way to disassemble the hex-file of Benf 3.64 and insert the new display driver too?

palindrom
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by palindrom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:46 am

[edit]
Last edited by palindrom on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ricoreyes
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by ricoreyes » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 am

palindrom wrote:rimidalv007, I'm glad you made an effort on that, unfortunately upgrade ended up on auto fall back to original V4.22 firmware.
The first uploaded firmware fell back for me too, but the 2nd posted one worked great. :D

palindrom
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by palindrom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:02 am

My browser had some issue, I just forced refresh and found 2-nd version.

rimidalv007, You did it! 3.11 BenF on ILI 9341 LCD! Congratulations! You got my admiration and gratitude!
Now we all hope for the latest and most polished BenF source.

c2809528
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by c2809528 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:32 am

rimidalv007 -- you are amazing! You have great skill. If anyone else can help getting the latest BenF ported to the new display, please ask. Otherwise, we wait for your excellcent work with the latest BenF version.

tormod
Elementary-2
Elementary-2

Post by tormod » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:22 pm

rimidalv007, great work! But please read the Readme file in BenF's source code. The full license can be found for instance here: https://gitorious.org/dsonano/dso-firmw ... ce/COPYING