Firmware upgrade question

I have just bought a DSO nano 201 with a pcb V1.5C_MB with a welcome screen that indictates (presumably firmware) version 1.4.00p

The case style is black plastic with a joystick up/down/left/right keypad.

My first impression of the unit is that it looks reasonably well made but that it is let down by the display variables and menus being a crude translation into English with many mistakes.

I would like to upgrade the unit firmware to see if a later version at least removes these errors before I start to learn how to operate the unit.

What is the latest version of firmware I can load on this unit?

Sounds like you have a DSO nano of a different make which you did not buy from seeedstudio? And your unit is probably using paul’s firmware. I think you can upgrade it to pauls firmware 1.5 to get rid of some spelling mistakes or you can switch to seeedstudios firmware but I don’t how it will react to your hardware, probably it will work without any problems. You find everything you need to upgrade the firmware here http://code.google.com/p/dsonano/

Thanks for the info I’ll try that. So what’s the difference with pauls firmware 1.5 and what I will now call the official seeedstudios firmware?

I am concerned however as I didn’t realise I was buying some sort of clone. I bought it on ebay as a DSO nano 201 it has E-Design on the back, I just assumed they were all the same. I didn’t even look at the seeedstudios website as I thought I had enough info from the seller to at least decide to buy.

Is there a difference in the design of the Seeed and E-Design versions as I found a Sparkfun forum post saying they were the same. I can’t compare the two circuit diagrams as I can only find the Seeed version online.