Grove 4-Digit-Display, no negative numbers?

just connected a BMP280 module and the 4-Digit-Display to the microbit to read and show the temperature values (along with the barometric pressure). When putting the BMP280 module outdoor during wintertime (as it is now) I found that it won’t show negative numbers like “-2” as for -2°C.

I have checked this on the Calliope mini as well and indeed here too: no negative numbers were shown.

I wonder because a seven segement display can show a minus sign “-” without problems. If this is true I would expect that this should be mentioned in the advertisement or the specifications.

here is a small test programm for the Calliope mini; the -1 number is shown on the 5x5 matrix of the Calliope but not on the 4-Digit-Display.
</s>let anzeige: grove.TM1637 = null anzeige = grove.createDisplay(DigitalPin.C16, DigitalPin.C17) anzeige.set(2) basic.forever(() => { anzeige.show(1234) basic.showNumber(1234) basic.pause(1000) anzeige.show(-1) basic.showNumber(-1) basic.pause(1000) })<e>

Hi,

Did you found the solution?

I am using the same display with an arduino and have come up against the same issue.
If no one has a solution can the product spec be changed to reflect this?