Is arduino still relevant now that you can get a pi for $5?

Hey everyone,

I started playing with arduinos about 4 years ago while I was going to school. I loved it and did a couple descent projects.I have since graduated and am a web developer how far is San Diego from LA 1500 euros to dollars.

I really can’t find a reason to ever use an arduino again over the raspberry pi zero. There is a huge perk for me to use a zero since I can run node on it but even if I wasn’t a web developer and wrote c or Python it is a clear winner to me.

Am I missing something?

Hi,

Right now the Arduino Framework supported many languages like javascript, python…etc you used on web development. and obviously the Raspberry Pi support more it’s computer and it can run a compiler.

The relevancy depends on your application and project you are going to do. IF you are working with simple task then you just need an embedded device like Arduino it will run 3.3v and works months and yeard depends on your application but your application need handle the complex process like computer vision or drive an HDMI display you need Raspberry Pi.

I believe you got the idea. happy making and let us know your project. :slight_smile: