Grove AI HAT on Raspberry Pi

We are releasing a wide selection of AI products AIoT projects. Here you'll find the latest AI Hardware updates and comprehensive support. Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions and share your experience.

Moderators: lily.li, violet

highjumpman
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Grove AI HAT on Raspberry Pi

Post by highjumpman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi, I am experimenting with the Grove AI HAT on a Raspberry Pi 4. The aim is to integrate both into a robot, with the grove sensors and grove motor driver connected to the AI HAT. How can I get both devices to communicate? The RasPi has arduino-core and the Arduino IDE installed. How can I program the AI HAT from the RasPi? Please don't tell me by connecting both via USB cable!

salmanfarisvp
Elementary-2
Elementary-2
Are you a staff member of seeedstudio?: no
Which products/projects are your favorite?: Linklt One , BeagleBone Green , ReSpaker

Re: Grove AI HAT on Raspberry Pi

Post by salmanfarisvp » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi,

You can use Serial Communication like UART to communicate with Raspberry Pi and Grove AI HAT to communicate with each other.
Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can, Share what you know.

highjumpman
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by highjumpman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:52 pm

Thank you! Do you know of any documentation, other than the few data sheets and the two face recognition demos that seeed provides? The kendryte-standalone-sdk, which the Arduino IDE board manager tries to install, is unfortunately not available for Raspbian; using the Arduino IDE from the RasPi thus seems to be impossible.

salmanfarisvp
Elementary-2
Elementary-2
Which products/projects are your favorite?: Linklt One , BeagleBone Green , ReSpaker

Post by salmanfarisvp » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi,

There is some good documentation for the Speed out there example https://maixpy.sipeed.com/en/,

what is the problem you are facing while installing the Arduino-core on the Raspberry Pi ?

highjumpman
Pre-kindergarten
Pre-kindergarten

Post by highjumpman » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi, thanks, I will look into these instructions! I had been following the tutorial in the wiki, http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove_AI_HA ... Computing/, the problem occurred at step 2, installing the board in the Arduino IDE Boards Manager. I tried that with the two newest versions, with two different error messages (please see the attached screenshots).
Attachments
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (56.57 KiB) Viewed 296 times
Capture 1.JPG
Capture 1.JPG (58.53 KiB) Viewed 296 times

salmanfarisvp
Elementary-2
Elementary-2

Post by salmanfarisvp » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:18 am

this might problem with Arduino IDE version, so can you try with Arduino IDE version 1.8.9.