These directions dont work why are they wrong and why do i need to have the usb with the files connected to boot to emmc? Just moving back to this device after removing it from it’s previous function and installing a new os. Great to see you have attempted to get this working but it still fails and I am just baffled by your posted directions. Are the directions a bad babblefish translation?
How to update the Embedded Controller¶
The X86 also has a embedded controller that can be updated. Updating the EC has the same procedure as updating BIOS(auto-update):
- Download the firmware files.
- Save them in the root location of a FAT32 format USB drive.
- Start ODYSSEY-X86 and boot up from the USB drive. Wait and it will automatically start the flashing process.
- Reboot the device when it’s done.
Latest EC Firmware¶
- SHA256: DB6E1F77D6EB4B9A79DDAF6E7A55052B7BE6E63B8339C7B948FF111E5C9CA8AD
- Fixing bug: Increase overall stability.