XIAO RP2040 - “An error occurred while uploading sketch” Win 10

Hi folks - (Win 10) Trying to upload a simple Blink sketch and having this error:
“An error occurred while uploading sketch”. Can’t seem to get this little guy to upload from the Arduino IDE. The port shows up fine and I have the boards library downloaded and installed but no luck. I’m a bit stumped here. I have followed the Seeedstudio WIKI - Thanks for any help!`

If the upload code appears to have failed to upload, try the following steps.
Press and hold the “R” button on the XIAO RP2040, then press the “B” button again, the XIAO will enter the BootLoader, please upload the code again, it may fail again. Then the upload will be successful. This situation may occur on a computer using XIAO RP2040 for the first time, after using it once it will work normally.

1 Like

Thank you! - I have been trying for a week to get the simple Blink sketch to work - FINALLY! Cheers!

Dear XIAO RP2040 users,
I have 2 pcs XIAO RP2040. I would like to upload a very simple sketh.
Every XIAO works the same, when I try to upload the sketh. The message is:
“An error occurred while uploading sketch”
I tried the sugessed “Press and hold the “R” button on the XIAO RP2040, then press the “B” button again, the XIAO will enter the BootLoader, please upload the code again, it may fail again. Then the upload will be successful. This situation may occur on a computer using XIAO RP2040 for the first time, after using it once it will work normally.”, but the result is same. What can I do???
void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200);
** while (!Serial);**
}

void loop() {
** Serial.println(“Hello,World”);**
** delay(1000);**
}

1 Like

Sorry for the long wait, can you join our Discord channel, I’d like to have a closer chat with you to find out if there are any problems with your steps and if it’s a product issue, I’ll assist you with it.

Dear “Citric”, Thank you for your answer, but my problem is solved. I was not enough thorough reading WIKI (RP2040 install). But I suggest to pay attantion, that in Basic Blink sketch we have to change the pin 13 to 25!
Other.
I designed a potentiostat with XIAO RP2040 and AD5941. Now I would like to test my circuit. So, can you help me? I would like to write a very simple arduino sketch: write and read values into the internal registers (after AD5941 guide p. 98.).
Istvan

1 Like