XIAO RA4MI Cannot upload via USB

I have tried to upload the Blink program to a new XIAO RA4MI, but always get the error message “the selected serial port No DFU capable USB device does not exist on your board or your board is not connected”.

The RA4M1 package loaded without problems and the board is recognised on COM7. Board info is also reported back by the IDE as:-
BN: XIAO RA4M1
VID: 2886
PID: 0049
SN: 3015191536313939B8FE33324B572D23

The board runs a program to cycle through the colours on the RGB Led on power up, and the user LED is lit.

I have tried 2 different Windows 10 computers, 2 different USB cables and both the new and older versions of the Arduino IDE. All the above hardware combinations worked fine with a normal Arduino Uno when set to Uno on the same com port. I have also tried both boot workaround methods on the WIKI without success, and resetting with the reset button (which does appear to restart the onboard program)

Any help would be appreciated

Hi there,
and welcome here,
So what happens if you put it in bootloader mode? and try
GL :slight_smile: PJ

I have tried all three methods detailed by Seeed in the Wiki to enter bootloader mode, but still get the same error.
( I have ordered a second board in case this is a hardware fault. The board is ideal for a particular applicarion i have, so I really want to make it work )

Second board is exactly the same. I Tried uploading using the programmer and receied the following error message:
Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: “XIAO RA4M1”

Sketch uses 38784 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

Global variables use 5140 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 27628 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 32768 bytes.

" Error while uploading: missing ‘program.params.quiet’ configuration parameter "