XIAO nRF52840 driving Haptic motor with Adafruit DRV2605L

I’m playing with a small project and I want to drive a single haptic motor from a XIAO nrf52840. I understand the nRF52840 will not drive the motor directly, so I went with an Adafruit DRV2605L for the size, solder on connections, and I did not want the haptic motor limited to the board. I set up the library and tried to run the basic code to demo the haptic. Everything compiles, but does not run. My actual Arduino Uno is tied up in another project right now so I can’t test against that platform. Should I expect it to run on the nRF52840?

Hi there, Greasenut,
Welcome here & merry Xmas :christmas_tree:
I wouldn’t see why not is it i2c so It absolutely will work. ?
I was looking at these to make a set of Parkinson’s Gloves for a Close friend to try.

These guys make them.

Post up the code , Lots of smart folks on here can help.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Thanks PJ and Merry Christmas to you also. Unfortunately, that unit is a little too big and I need the haptic to be separate. This project has an amazingly small footprint. I used the stock code from Adafruit at Arduino Code | Adafruit DRV2605L Haptic Controller Breakout | Adafruit Learning System. My Arduino Uno gets freed up after tomorrow so I’ll take a spin with that board and see if I can get some results.
I’m curious what a Parkinsons Glove is. Gonna google that one.

Hi there, I see and YES the XIAO nrf52840 BLE or Sense will work with an Adafruit DRV2605L No problem.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

It’s a glove that has those tiny buzzers in the tips of the Fingers controlled by a micro doing a certain pattern, A person with Parkinson’s wears them for some hours and it helps them reconnect lost nerve connections with new pathway’s, restoring balance and some motor skills. It’s a recent breakthrough with empirical data of the efficacy of it. Research by Stanford Medicine
google say’s "

• Vibrating gloves
    Early research suggests that wearing a vibrating glove can reorganize brain signals that are misfiring and may relieve symptoms. A small trial found that the device can alleviate tremor, stiffness, and slowness in Parkinson’s disease."

fascinating tech improving life…

Now this is embarrassing. I soldered all the connections between the XIAO and the DRV2605L, then everything worked just fine. Thanks PJ for your time.

1 Like