Xiao ESP32C6 has zigbee! Any examples/documentation?

Nice to see zigbee in the new esp32c6, but are there any examples or docs someone can point to, or libraries for this yet?

Thanks!
Justin

Lets use this page as a clearing house for those of us testing the XIAO ESP32C6

1 Like

I love these ā€œgetting startedā€¦ā€ pages that esprressif shares. One thing I saw on this one, these ā€œLP_GPIO0ā€ and others in the pinout image. What are these low power gpio exactly? Do they trigger wake from Low Power? Or they are still maintained in lowest power to their set level?

YES I was wondering the sameā€¦ what is LP_GPIO and SDIO?

Hi there,
Itā€™s all Here, They can be controlled and maintained with LP processor check it outā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

3.9 Low Power Management
With the use of advanced power-management technologies, ESP32-C6 can switch between different power
modes. ESP32-C6 supports:
ā€¢ Active mode: CPU and chip radio are powered on. The chip can receive, transmit, or listen.
ā€¢ Modem-sleep mode: The CPU is operational and the clock frequency can be reduced. Wi-Fi base band
and radio are disabled, but Wi-Fi connection can remain active.
ā€¢ Light-sleep mode: The CPU is paused. Any wake-up events (wireless power management module, SDIO
host, RTC timer, or external interrupts) will wake up the chip. Wi-Fi base band and radio are disabled, but
Wi-Fi connection can remain active. Users can disable the CPU and most peripherals except SRAM and
wireless power management module (as shown in ESP32-C6 Functional Block Diagram) to further reduce
current consumption.
ā€¢ Deep-sleep mode: CPU, SRAM, and most peripherals are powered down. Only the LP memory is
powered on. LP peripheral states can be configured. Wi-Fi connection data are stored in the LP memory.
The LP CPU is operational.

HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ :v:

Hi there,
In a nutshell, C6 includes a slave controller that conforms to SD card specs. providing some caveats

SDIOļƒ
ESP32-C6 series has only one SDIO slave controller that conforms to the
industry-standard SDIO Specification Version 2.0. 
SDIO should be connected to specific GPIOs, namely SDIO_CMD, SDIO_CLK, 
SDIO_DATA0, SDIO_DATA1, SDIO_DATA2, and SDIO_DATA3.
Please add a pull-up resistor to these GPIOs, and preferably reserve 
a series resistor on each trace.

LP_GPIO is available in Sleep mode.
HTH

Oh thats the same thing on the S3 i think i remember something about the SD on the daughterboard being on a faster channel or something

Hi there,
Itā€™s on-chip in C6.
IMO, unless one needs a specific interface or RF stack or RF performance the S3 is MORE in terms of RAM and Flash and CPU speed, Sleep current is negligible. to me the C6 is Mehā€™ if you need it kind of MCU. Things like CAN buss and the ZIGBEE, Matter clans will flock to it. but you could also do those with ESP32c3 if you have a shoe-horn. so NOT allot to see here new anyway. itā€™s an Incremental Espressif progression.
YMMV
HTH

I UPLOADED And ran simple wifi scann sketch and it took 60% OF THE MEMORYā€¦ so that raised an eyebrow

Hi there,
You need to look at the file system on the tools menu b4 upload. FYI
HTH

Just got my C6ā€™s today, but wonā€™t be able to mess with them for a bit. I do like that they donā€™t need the external wifi antenna.

Iā€™m mostly interested in these for zigbee, has anyone found an example for that?

1 Like

Same, the zigbee is new for me too!

Hi there,
What is the dev environment, MAC, Linux, PC ?
IDE ? Arduino, E-IDF, VS_Code, etcā€¦etcā€¦
I see a few for the ESP_IDF 5.1.1

Hereā€™s a getting started from the Robot$ man.

HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

oh" G_man comes through again, Thereā€™s this

itā€™s under the examples in the Arduino IDE also Examples\ESP32|zigbee :face_with_peeking_eye: :shushing_face:
I suggest starting with the Light bulb test first on the C6 , use a HA of your choice to send the CMD.
:v: be sure to select Zigbee mode in the tools menuā€¦
and change the RGB to LED among other thingsā€¦

I use mac, and platformio (all CLI). So Arduino example should be good. Thanks!! Will check it out.

1 Like