Xiao esp32c3 won't upload programs unless I'm in bootloader mode

Thank you! For the first time I have been able to upload without all the button pushing. This also allows the sketch to run right away without a second button push.

It was a little concerning running an executable on my desktop that the virus software wasn’t happy with, especially when the version number doesn’t match the instructions. I did it anyway, and the problems seem to be solved.

I hope that Seeed can update the firmware for the cards they haven’t shipped yet. If this project works out I’ll be buying dozens of ESP32-C3s and I don’t want to have to manually update each one.

In case there’s doubt, this refers to:

I have created a repository with a guide

This has been fixed in Arduino 2.0.17 but if you are using platformio they have not updated to yet. There is a work around here:

I can finally upload and monitor in a single button press lol.

Hi there,
SourGrapes…
Ignore the Whiner in this thread, Even if your stuck in a boot loop and can’t get it to go, try this, It works in all situations BUT you have to have the necessary Hand , Eye coordination to pull it off.
Hilarious, Guy sends BAD code to it and Nerfs it up , then blames hardware. when the problem really exist between the Keyboard and the Floor. :face_with_peeking_eye:

" compile a blinky example as normal, verify its a good compile. "
Unplug Xiao, Press Upload and if you time it right “reconnect Xiao as it gets to the actual upload portion”
Takes a few tries , but if you get it just right it will hook and upload, thus “UN-Nerfing” the KaKa :poop:code you sent previously.
Works every time I wack a bootloader or write out of memory bounds in my experimental code.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:

A whiner is someone who complains a lot, especially in a self-pitying or peevish manner or tone. Whiners often complain about little things, and can also be described as disagreeable or unpleasant people :+1: