XIAO BLE Sense - Mic as Speaker

Hi,

in your shop you advertise for XIAO BLE Sense:
The board not only receives audio data but also can speak through the MSM261D3526H1CPM microphone.

How exactly can we achieve using the microphone as a speaker? I can’t find anything about it, neither in your examples, wiki, forum, libraries, nor in general on Google, for a PDM mic like MSM261D3526H1CPM.

I would really appreciate some example code!

Thanks!

The smartass in me wants to say “Switch the polarity on the power”.

Unfortunately, I have nothing else. Sorry.

1 Like

This is a microphone, he is not a speaker, it is not able to emit sound. What we are trying to convey with this statement is that you can speak towards him and have it record what you say, not that it makes a sound. I apologize for our expression and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Just want to mention, that it still hasn’t been updated and this also confused me right now when I was looking at this on amazon. I also want to ask something, the features currently say:

The board not only receives audio data but also can speak through the MSM261D3526H1CPM microphone.

I find that peculiar because even if it was meant to say that it can record what you say to it, that would already be covered by it stating that the board receives audio data.

Has anyone actually confirmed or looked into the possibility that maybe it can emit audio? Because I’ve known since I was a kid reading things which proposed microphones can be used as speakers and speakers can be used as microphones in certain circumstances.

So can anyone actually confirm whether or not these can in fact output audio as well as pick up audio?

Hello @dsetzer ,
The microphone on XIAO BLE is a digital microphone specifically designed to receive audio data. It is important to note that the microphone’s function is limited to receiving audio signals. In fact, when using the microphone on XIAO BLE, the xiao ble is in the process of receiving audio.