X86J4105800 Running Too Hot

@komorebi you can buy it now.

Appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi,

I just bought an X86J4105800 without the cooling fan. Come across this forum and I can see there’s a problem with the cooling. I’m planning to install Ubuntu, In your opinion do you thing I need a cooling fan?

I looked around (UK) and I cant find a supplier nowhere here in UK.

Any alternative retrofit cooling fan out there? Please share

Cheers

@MNU Fanless version designed for lite loading applications and long time runing. You can run applications and track the CPU temperature, if the temperature not up to 70℃, you can keep it.
Or, you can order the heatsink with fan like this one:
https://www.seeedstudio.com/Heatsink-with-fan-for-ODYSSEY-X86J4105-p-4811.html

Many thanks Bruce.

I’m planning to use ubuntu and dev apps for light development, eg: arduino and the likes.

Thanks for suggesting fan and heat sink, I’m in UK and as I said there’s no way as far as i know to get an heat sink and fan in this country. Export duties will be more expansive than the product itself?

keep safe

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Ahh, you can add in your cart and paid with others next time.

@Bruce.Qin, would it be possible to add the fanless heatsink to the store as well?

There are situations when one would want a fanless SBC instead, but needs the 64 GB eMMC version. See here for instance: Spare vanilla fanless heatsink for Odyssey X86J4105

I know the fan can be disconnected in the fan version, but the heatsink is smaller and won’t be as efficient with fan off as the true fanless version.

Sorry, didn’t hear any plan yet. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Bruce.Qin. Do you think there’s any room for suggesting that (and any hope for the future?)? I’m sure many Odyssey owners would be interested in a fanless but larger heatsink for their SBC, without sacrificing the emmc.

I’d also like to get my hands on a fanless heatsink.
I was wondering if I couldn’t find a compatible heatsink somewhere, but so far I haven’t found any that have the exact same screw holes.
Any suggestions would be very appreciable, before I start removing the embedded fan to replace it with a 80x80 silent one.
Thanks !

1 Like

Did you solve this problem? I have the same problem X86J4105 FAN. just 2 weeks for the test. new J4105 FAN Broken. How did you solve this problem?

My x86j4105 just started performing very slow or not at all. Temperatures were very high and I can still hear the fan running. I am running Ubuntu 20 and have changed the fan duty cycle in bios. Have even removed the case lid to let hot air out! What is recommended? Highest temp was 64C. Here’s current temps with lid off:

iwlwifi_1-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +37.0°C

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Package id 0: +48.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 0: +48.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 1: +48.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 2: +48.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 3: +48.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)

acpitz-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
temp1: +45.0°C (crit = +95.0°C)