WM1302 - Use basics station to connect using AS923

I am trying to setup a gateway based on WM1302 using basics station and RPi 4. My gateway connects to the LNS (TTN or AWS). But when I try to connect a LoRa node through the gateway (LoRa E5 Dev Kit), then it fails to join using OTAA. On the cloud I see the join request and also successful join accept being sent to the gateway. However, the gateway drops the packet saying received dnmsg before router_config. But gateway has already successfully received router_config and connected to the LNS as indicated on LNS.

A few questions:

1.) Anyone else experience similar issue?

2.) Anyone successful in using WM1302 as gateway for AS923 along with LoRa nodes? Can you share some guidance on how you set it up?

I’ve been trying for more than a month and not making any progress.

Hi Th3G4mbl3r,
I am encountering the same behavior, using basicstation corecell 2.0.6
Received ‘dnmsg’ before ‘router_config’ - dropped
Were you able to get it solved ?
I would appreciate assistance.

Hi,
My needs where region AS923_4 on The Things Network.
The problem was that Semtech’s basicstation 2.0.6 does not have that entry defined and as such the region set by TTN is Unrecognized by basicstation.
I made a small change in two files in order to have the region AS923_4 recognized by basicstation.

In basicstation/src locate the file s2e.c; in my case AS923_4, I added on line 1012
case J_AS923_4: {
region = J_AS923_4;
region_s = “AS923-4”;
// FALL THRU
}
Just above case J_AS923_1: { // common region name

The other file is kwcrc.h; add the line below on line 11
#define J_AS923_4 ((ujcrc_t)(0xD653976B))
The 0xD653976B is the value that TTN is transmitting when the GW is defined at region AS923_4.

Compile/build/make and run the bin file and all should be running OK.

1 Like