Wireless audio transmission/reception

Hello all,

I am currently working on my Architecture/Media Study thesis at the State University at Buffalo. I have been trying to figure out how to solve this issue I am having with not much luck. I am hoping someone here may have some insight as to how to address this issue.

My application requires I have ~10 different piezo elements (contact mics) spread around a room - about 50ft x 15ft and wirelessly transmit the audio from each to either 1 central receiver or separate receivers plugged into a mixing board. I am open to various ways of arranging this set up, but this is how I have been imagining it.

As of right now I have a Tao Tronics audio bluetooth transmitter and receiver and this works perfectly, the problem arises when I need multiples since the names of each unit is the same and confuses the transmission/reception, as well as only being able to connect 1 transmitter to a receiver. I have tried FM transmission but this is not so reliable and receives a lot of static.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know where I may begin to address my situation? This will be an installation and requires a very clean aesthetic as well as little to none physical contact with the space thus requiring a wireless solution.

• Thank you, Adam

The nRF24L01+ is ideal for that sort of application. Cheap modules are available on Ebay.