WIO Terminal Workbench 1

Changed the power unit to LiFePO4 6000 mA followed by a DC/DC step up 3.2v to 5 v and a charger module So I can charge the device with my phone adapter.
The PMS5003 needs 5v but data lines are 3v3 so no need for level shifter when connecting to the WIO terminal.

because I have only one , I made The WIO terminal ‘clickable’ on the project box :wink:

1 Like

one step closer - SERCOM UART on grove port working :sweat_smile:

WIO connected to pms 5003 reading particle sensor data

next step : CO / CO2 / TEMP and HUM sensors , a nice screen and alarm settings menu (maybe data storage on SD card / LoRaWAN connection ?)

1 Like

playing with I2C
1 Like

idea : interfacing thermal receipt printer to WIO terminal
(needs external power source and bi directional level shifter)

new out of the box selftest … firmware from 2013 :upside_down_face:

RPI adapters have a little higher voltage output (5.3 V) then regular phone charge adapters and that’s good for this thermal printer.

under construction :yum:

1 Like

Si7021 temp/hum sensor

1 Like

easy way to connect some diy electronics to your WIO terminal with
this cheap Proto HAT Shield Extension Board for Raspberry Pi 3

I added myself a 40 p double row 90 degrees

2 Likes

is it possible to decode audio with this little I2S PCM5102 DAC Decoder ? :thinking:

not yet :sunglasses:

but imagine :rofl:

1 Like

Nice :star_struck::ok_hand:, This looks cool :sparkles:

1 Like

thermal printer interface… almost done

2 Likes

library used

1 Like

wired or wireless (BT) :thinking:

1 Like

idea : handheld AirQuality analyser / data logger
waiting for the SCD30 sensor

handheld enclosure
sensor Sensirion

2 Likes

This article describes four routines designed to make it easy to write games in C that use sprites on the Seeed Studio Wio Terminal. They allow you to plot erasable sprites, check sprites for collision, and move sprites on the screen while avoiding flicker.

2 Likes

getting BMP image on the terminal

1 Like

WIO as a wireless LoRaWAN datamonitor

haven’t been active with LoRaWAN for a long time, lucky I saved a sensor and some gateways, put a fresh battery in it and it started working on the TTN network again :sweat_smile:

rssensor alive

I Put it outside to check and the temp is dropping So the sensor works. Now I want that data on the WIO terminal (for fun and learning)
Because we are on COVID lockdown in the Netherlands lots of free time now :upside_down_face: to try this.

LoRaWAN temp/hum sensor

2 Likes

I have an MQTT broker running on my home network and I am preparing some nodes to measure airquality (indoor and outdoor) and display data on the WIO terminal when switched on.

wifi mqtt-broker (mosquitto) on RPI

some old LoRaWAN project nodes that I will use

replacing bootloader

3 Likes

Seems so good! Feel free to share with us more :smiley:

1 Like

CO2 / temperature / humidity sensor arrived :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

test I2C RFID EEPROM Breakout - need some work on library

2 Likes